What We Believe
The following briefly summarizes the doctrine and beliefs of Mansfield First Assembly. You can read the complete content of the Statement of Fundamental Truths of the Assemblies of God through the following link: Statement of Fundamental Truths.pdf
- The Bible is the verbally inspired Word of God and the infallible and authoritative rule of faith and conduct.
- The One True God eternally exists in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God.
- Humanity voluntarily sinned against God incurring physical, spiritual, and eternal death.
- The atoning work of Jesus Christ on the cross is the only hope of salvation.
- Baptism by immersion and Holy Communion are the two ordinances of the church.
- The Baptism in the Holy Spirit empowers believers to serve God and give witness of Christ to others.
- Receiving the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is accompanied with speaking in a tongues.
- Sanctification is an act of separation from what is sinful and worldly and a dedication to God. Sanctification begins at the moment of salvation and continues daily as the believer trusts Christ for ongoing spiritual growth.
- The church is the body of Christ and each believer is an integral part of the church. The Assemblies of God holds to the following aspects of the church's ministry: (a) Evangelism, (b) Worship, (c) Discipleship, and (d) Works of Compassion.
- The Lord provides divinely called and scripturally ordained ministers to lead the church in accomplishing the four purposes of the church.
- The atoning work of Christ on the cross provides for the healing of sickness and disease.
- Both living and dead believers will be called to meet Christ in the air at His second coming.
- After Christ's return He will rule on earth for 1,000 years of peace.
- There will be a final judgment where those whose names are not in the book of life will be consigned to everlasting punishment.
- The new heavens and new earth will be the eternal home of believers where they will live forever in the presence of God.